Saturday, April 30, 2011

Heritage House...

Heritage House is located at:


8193 Magnolia Ave.
Riverside, CA 92504

If you have some free on the weekends I would definitely check it out. It's FREE!! but they do ask for a donation. Also, you can check out their website at: Heritage House

Here are some pictures:
Front view from Magnolia Ave

I brought my friend Britt here after we had lunch last Saturday & I had totally forgotten they give you a full on tour... for some reason I was remembering it as just like a self walk through tour or something. I was wrong :)
Middle room you enter from the front door. The downstairs has these gorgeous elaborate fireplaces <3



This is the sitting/music room ... 
White parlor room ... everything in here is white & gold & is believed to be custom built by Catherine Bettner for this room


Another gorgeous fireplace


This was really neat because all those flowers were made from seashells & moss... it was so pretty!

Dining Room Fireplace

Dining Room

Drinks anyone?

So pretty!


The black furniture piece was created specifically for this house by Mrs. Bettner


Love this woodwork at the stairway

Lovely upstairs ceiling



Upstairs fireplaces were less elaborate, but still pretty :)


Telephone .. old school style

pretty yard

Back of the home :)

 All in all it was a nice tour & I learned a lot about the house and got to share some great Riverside history with my friend. I had been here once or twice as a kid, but it was like seeing it new all over again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment